Job Title/Grade: Associate, DAI Capital
Department: DAI Capital
Location: Bethesda, MD
Date: May 7, 2021
Function of the Position:
DAI Capital is the investment arm of the global development consulting firm DAI, focused on mobilizing commercial investment into emerging and frontier markets through financial advisory and asset management capabilities.
As one of DAI Capital’s pillars, DAI Asset Management, a relatively new initiative, is building out its principal investment capability acting as a fiduciary to institutional investors seeking exposure to emerging and frontier markets. It has a flexible investment mandate focused on addressing financing gaps in the market, through both private equity and structured credit.
Roles and Responsibilities:
DAI Capital – Asset Management
Primary role is to support senior team members through the full deal cycle, including through:
· Evaluating and screening investment opportunities
· Building and maintaining financial models
· Preparing investment memos and business plan summaries
· Assisting on due diligence (including coordinating with external advisors)
· Assisting with portfolio management
DAI Capital – Other activities
· Liaise with other DAI business units to identify potential areas for collaboration
· Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of professional experience, or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
· M.B.A. or equivalent preferred
· Deep experience in financial modeling and knowledge of corporate financing principles
· Experience working on M&A and/or financing transactions
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Experience training junior staff
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team when necessary
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· Prior experience in principal investment
· Experience working in the emerging markets
· Additional language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French or other widely spoken languages in the emerging markets)
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.