At Development Counsellors International (DCI), we’re a full-service marketing agency that creates award-winning creative campaigns for cities, regions, states and countries. What we do is called place marketing and DCI is the only agency in the world to specialize in it. Since 1960, DCI has done place marketing for more than 500 economic development and tourism organizations. In addition to making an impact by attracting business investment, visitors and people to the places we work with – we are also one great company to work for. Named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places to Work”, DCI is headquartered in New York City, with 55 professionals nationwide, including offices in Denver, Toronto and Los Angeles. www.aboutdci.com
DCI is seeking a paid Graphic Design Intern for the spring (with the potential to extend into the summer and fall) to work remotely with our in-house graphic design team to deliver visually dynamic designs for a variety of materials ranging from presentations and marketing materials to the occasional infographic.
While we are seeking someone with a firm grasp of design concepts and a basic proficiency in the Adobe Suite, we also understand that as an internship, this is a learning opportunity.
We are looking for someone who is available to work 20-30 hours per week for the Spring (Jan – May). This is a paid internship at $15/hour.
· Photo research
· Cleaning up PowerPoint proposal and presentation designs
· Designing PowerPoint presentations
· Copy edits in InDesign files
· Assisting in designing infographics
· Bringing new design ideas and concepts to the table
· Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with (through either coursework, professional or personal) InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
· Basic familiarity with PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
· Proficient in both Mac and PC OS (you will primarily be using Mac)
· Must have experience and passion for graphic design – whether it is through school projects, personal portfolio, and/or a paid previous experience. We do not require previous internship experience. Must be technically savvy, self-motivated and take initiative.
· Knowledge of After Effects is a bonus
Please provide a cover letter and portfolio link or PDF (no more than 8MB) to Luther.Mosher@aboutdci.com