Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Exciting opportunity to participate in multi-million-dollar global implementation of state-of-the-art Manufacturing Data Management model per ISA 95 to drive high-volume discrete manufacturing of cutting-edge medical devices.
Throughout the pandemic, one of our key priorities has been to keep employees as safe as possible. At this time, we plan for most of our summer internships will be virtual, with rare exceptions of essential groups. We ask for our intern candidates to be flexible to a virtual format or residence in the location of the position throughout duration of the internship program.
We will no longer be accepting applicants after January 15th. Interviews will take place in late January/early February of 2021.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to Manufacturing Database development project activities including cross-functional coordination of tasks such as SQL coding, interface development & electronic batch reporting
- Powerful learning opportunity to put engineering and coding education to use in a dynamic and challenging program to build a Factory-of-the Future
- Rare opportunity to observe ISA 95 Model being built from the ground up on a global scale
- Engineering education and coursework
- Aptitude for hands-on technical tasks around manufacturing data management
- Aptitude for project coordination
Experience and Education Requirements:
- In progress engineering education and coursework
- Basic understanding of general job aspects and limited understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Acquires job skills and learns the policies and procedures required to complete routine tasks.
- Work at this level requires following standardized, routine methods, under immediate supervision.
- Assignments are routine in nature and expectation is to follow pre-established guidelines and procedures.
- Contacts are mostly within own team and immediate supervisor.
- Little responsibility for decisions as to method or selection of work.
- Receives detailed instructions on routine work and new assignments.
- Works under close supervision.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.