Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is committed to continuing to increase its accountability regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are proud of the diversity of our U.S. workforce, including at leadership and management levels, but nevertheless aim to elevate underrepresented groups even further. Ultimately, our diverse workforce makes us a stronger, more innovative company that can more effectively execute client goals and U.S. interests around the world.
About the Position
As a Project Management Summer Associate, you will be an important part of our Stabilization Team here at Dexis to support our work throughout the globe. We hold the USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) Support Which Implements Fast Transitions (SWIFT-5) contract that supports nations in transitions. As part of our team, you will be a part of a dedicated group of individuals who work to address the whole life cycle of programs from capture to implementation.
This fully-paid summer internship will be remote for the duration of the program, with a start date anticipated for the beginning of June 2021. Throughout the Summer Associate program, you will receive mentorship and guidance from subject matter experts, operational managers, and junior-level development professionals. You will learn project management and business development skills while getting the opportunity to attend relevant technical and professional development events. Regardless of location, a laptop will be provided for the duration of the internship.
- Support proposal development across the division in response to requests for proposals for field-based projects, including written inputs, budget inputs, recruitment, and general coordination of proposals
- Assists in general client engagement
- Provides scheduled and ad-hoc financial and/or budget reports for projects
- Reviews and edits reports and deliverables for internal and external use, including client deliverables
- Assists with project startups, including employment and consultant recruitment and onboarding, installation of administrative, logistical, and accounting systems in the field, hiring of local staff, mobilizing subcontractors, and managing office and housing arrangements
- Contributes to the project(s) and its personnel to maintain proper direction in fulfillment of the contract scope of work. Reviews and provides comments on progress reports, work plans and other documents to ensure compliance with company standards and contract requirements. Works collaboratively with the project team and clients to contribute to administrative, technical, or evaluation work in the field.
- Provides administrative support such as processing invoices, expense reports, timesheets, reviewing invoices; subcontractor deliverables and invoices; fielding consultants and other project specific support.
- Maintain the administrative systems for the Project Management Unit (PMU), such as filing, correspondence, and other documentation.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, and monitoring of project staff and consultants, ensuring personnel meet technical requirements for contract positions. Assist in negotiations for scopes of work with field team, developing position qualifications, and determining recruitment sources to use.
- Other special projects as needed.
- A minimum of a high school degree
- Academic background in international relations, economics, international development, or related fields
- 1 year of work experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization, planning, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and identify new opportunities for business, non-traditional partners, and next generation technical strategies
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to write for diverse audiences.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure with diverse teams and manage production schedules
- Skills in Microsoft Office, particularly in Word (advanced document formatting).
- A second language, preferably, Spanish, Arabic or French.
- Commitment to Dexis’ core values, mission, and objectives.
- Able to work in a high-energy team supporting the needs and requests of the field team.
- Able to take initiative and/or independently respond to situations.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
- Proven effective communication skills with managers, colleagues, partners, and clients.
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct, especially during interactions with the client and its constituents.
- Sound judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Highly self-motivated with demonstrated ability to be proactive and work independently.
- Able to translate organizational priorities into actionable processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.