Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into an east coast based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment, working to tell better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day. We’re leading the charge in publishing, curating, and merchandising content from Discovery’s iconic brands on its direct-to-consumer platform. We collaborate with teams across the business every single day, from programming and creative services to metadata and operations, in order to provide the best possible experience to the discovery+ consumer.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be working in content and merchandising for direct-to-consumer. Our intern will be working on daily publishing and merchandising of original and acquisition content to our DTC platform, including collaborating with partners in other departments to ensure all necessary elements are available and high quality (such as art, keywords, and descriptions). They’ll also assist in the evolution and maintenance of our internal department documents and trackers, which help us communicate our programming strategies across teams. They will get to network and collaborate with the rest of our content and merchandising team that split their focus between DTC and ATVE, learning all aspects of our business and how we connect and partner with other teams and divisions. They’ll also contribute to our continuing research and understanding of our consumers’ behavior, and how our products fit into the greater DTC landscape. At the end of the semester, they’ll have meaningfully contributed to our ongoing and evolving merchandising strategies… and we hope they can say that the next big hit on discovery+ is something they published!
* Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field or any other entertainment-related fields
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Experience with Microsoft Office & Google Suite (Excel/Sheets in particular)
* Comfort in content management systems (CMS)
* Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
About Our Program
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns– both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars– and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault’s 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
- Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
- The application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
- We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.