Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into an east coast based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
Global Talent Management & Operations (GTM&O) is the connective tissue between on-air and digital series Talent and the global businesses of Discovery to effectively and efficiently manage their business strategy, prioritize their activities outside of Production, align with Production, and optimize global operations.
As the Talent’s key relationship holder with Discovery, GTM&O strategically manages relationships with Talent, their representatives, production and internal clients to onboard, coach, advocate, enhance, prioritize and leverage the Talent to drive business value for ratings, revenue, relationships, renewals and brands.
The intern will reside in the Global Talent Management & Operations (GTMO) group and offer operational support for the factual team. GTMO serves to mentor network on-camera Talent, advise the respective networks on all Talent related issues, troubleshoot Talent issues, and focus on the business of Talent branding to maximize their opportunities worldwide.
*Remain knowledgeable of the talent’s personal and professional lives e.g. deal terms, personalities, interests, likes, dislikes, skills, expertise, etc., and apply this insight to successfully execute responsibilities.
*Work closely with and build relationships with relevant internal (e.g. international communications, production, production management, business affairs, etc.) and external parties (e.g. production companies, managers, agents, etc.) to ensure a 360 degree Talent Management strategy.
*Track and help manage internal requests from network teams and support groups, as well as external requests from partners, clients, and third parties for various Talent across the organization.
*Support overall operational workflow of team initiatives and tasks led by Manager. Implement and maintain evolving processes and procedures to ensure group efficiency.
*Coordinate with the Talent Operations group to maintain the Talent information databases, including updating Talent and representative contact information.
*Research and arrange gifting for Talent and other external parties as needed
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
About Our Program
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns– both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars– and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault’s 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
- Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
- The application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
- We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.