Although our spring internship program will be completely remote (students can apply from anywhere), please be aware that this intern will report into an east coast based manager and therefore should expect to work on eastern standard time.
We are the department responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the network’s prime time and total day schedule as well as managing the true crime strategy and content for Discovery’s new streaming platform, discovery+. This is a great opportunity to work with the Programming team for one of the leading cable networks for women in total day. ID is a leader in the industry, and the Programming team is a key component to help drive the network forward.
In this role, the intern will support the Programming team by updating and reviewing program and schedule information in Discovery systems. The intern will also support various ad hoc projects including, but not limited to, monitoring and reporting on competition, reviewing schedule information published in TV listings and external publications, checking schedule information to ensure accuracy, screening content for air order evaluation, and reviewing content for potential program updates. At the end of the semester, the intern will be able to say that they collaborated with Programming team and other departments on various projects for television’s #1 mystery and suspense network.
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship)
* Must be a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Must love TV
* Accomplished computer skills, especially with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
* Ability to work independently as well as with supervised direction
* Ability to communicate effectively (both written & verbal)
* Ability to multi-task with grace and efficiency
About Our Program
Discovery’s internationally recognized intern program attracts the country’s boldest and brightest students for a paid, for-credit, real-world work experience in the entertainment and media industry.
Like other Fortune 500 companies, we believe in immersing our students in all aspects of our business, giving them first hand experience working for the global leader in real life entertainment. So what sets us apart? We’re passionate about investing in our interns– both personally and professionally. Whether our program is in-person or remote, every semester is packed with speaker sessions with executives, LinkedIn profile reviews, recruiter panels, roundtable events and professional seminars– and that just scratches the surface.
Think our program sounds pretty awesome? Our former interns thought so too! This year, we were voted into Vault’s 2021 internship rankings for best overall internships, best media and telecom internships, best sales and marketing internships and best internships for diversity.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- We offer 12 week spring and summer opportunities
- Our Spring 2022 program will be fully remote- the program will run from January 31st-April 22.
- The application deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, November 12th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide necessary documentation for school credit if desired.
- We do not require a cover letter- please do not submit one. Instead, demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume and interviews.
Interviewing will take place from September through mid-December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.