I. WHO WE ARE:
Divided We Fall® is about we, the people of these United States, creating a more perfect Union. We are working to build a media outlet that puts people before partisanship, but we cannot achieve this goal without dedicated volunteers!
II. JOB DESCRIPTION:
This volunteer opportunity requires candidates to be able to perform duties that include the following:
· Proofread text and correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
· Verify factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
· Check text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
· Rewrite text to improve clarity and readability
· Upload and publish the text online
The Associate Editor will be part of our Editorial Team and will collaborate with a team of associate and assistant editors to ensure an interesting and thought-provoking final product for our readers
III. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
· Volunteer remote position (5-10 hours/week, flexible)
· Flexible deadlines/hours
· Reports to: Managing Editor
III. DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
· Some experience as a copyeditor or proven writing and editing skills.
· Ability to work independently
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Knowledge of online publishing tools
IV. HOW THIS HELPS OUR COMMUNITY
Our vision is to create a mass movement of citizens demanding democracy reform, where civil discourse and bipartisan politics triumph over reflexive intolerance and petty partisanship, and where a functioning government leads to a more perfect Union.