WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH A LOCAL GROWING NONPROFIT?
Fundraising & Operations Internship
DMAX Foundation is a Philadelphia-area nonprofit whose mission is to create connections and conversations that matter to strengthen mental health and emotional well-being for young people. We accomplish this through DMAX Clubs on college campuses. The Clubs create an environment where students get together to talk about how they are doing, how their friends are doing and how they can help each other. The Clubs are for all students as we believe that mental health is a continuum that everyone falls along at different places at different times in their lives. Mental health is everyone’s concern.
DMAX Foundation is seeking a student for a unique internship that will use communications and media talents, and business and marketing skills to help a meaningful, grassroots organization grow. In addition to supporting the foundation, at schools where a DMAX Club is already established, the intern will serve as a liaison between the Club and the Foundation. The ideal candidate will have a passion for our mission, interest in being a part of a young organization, and excellent communication, marketing and administrative skills. Graphic Design and video editing skills are not necessary but a strong plus. The intern will work closely with the Executive Director, DMAX Club Coordinator, and the Outreach Coordinator. The intern will be involved in several initiatives including:
- Develop and implement Outreach Strategies for clubs and foundation related events.
- Participate in planning Annual Fall Fundraiser as well as ongoing Storytelling Series
- Conduct research as needed for various event planning needs
- Contact companies and individuals via email and over the phone
- Organize and keep track of various event planning information
- Participate in finding and acquiring auction items for fall fundraiser silent auction
- Raising awareness about DMAX Clubs at other colleges in the local area
- Using communication tools for outreach to build the base of DMAX Foundation’s constituents
- Helping to build or support a DMAX Club at your school
- Assist DMAX Foundation with other tasks as requested
The position will include event planning and communications, promotion, planning and strategy and will use the web and social media strategies and tools. The company is located in Bryn Mawr, PA and it is preferable that the intern be present on a regular basis. However, given the current status of the Covid-19 pandemic, this position may be completely remote until otherwise notified.
Skills and Qualifications
· Communications – Strong written and verbal skills
· Phone experience a plus, if not, must be willing to learn
· Strong organizational skills
· Strategic thinking and planning capabilities
· Ability to work independently and on a team
· Ability to implement a plan
· Persistence and persuasiveness
· Good listening skills
· Experience developing project plans and meeting timelines
· Event planning experience a plus
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Salesforce Experience a plus
· Database knowledge a plus
· Interest in the field of mental wellness among youth is a plus
If your school allows it, this internship is available for college credit. There will be opportunities for professional development through working with the Foundation’s Executive Director and other members of the DMAX team. In addition, you will also receive a letter of recommendation that will reflect the caliber of your work with the Foundation.
- Be part of an organization and develop relationships with professionals who want to make a difference in how mental illness is viewed in our society.
- Develop your professional skills while enjoying a fun, flexible work environment where you can see the difference you are making every day.
- Get in on the ground floor of a young organization and help to turn its goals into reality.
- Apply and enhance your skills in your field and learn new ones.
- Receive a letter of recommendation from DMAX Foundation after the successful completion of the internship. The internship could be available for credit based on your institution’s guidelines.
Bryn Mawr, PA.
Due to COVID-19, all positions are remote until otherwise notified
- Summer 2021: 12 – 20 hours per week
- Start Date Flexible
- End Date Flexible
To apply for this position please send a resume along with a cover letter that highlights your relevant qualifications and your interest in the position to email@example.com.