Organization: Doctors Without Borders | Médecins Sans Frontières
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
The Planned Giving team is responsible for securing approximately $100 million from planned giving donors.
The Planned Giving Audience Intern primarily supports the administrative activities of the Planned Giving Audience team. S/he will learn how a large, non-governmental organization (NGO) administers bequests, Charitable Gift Annuities, and cultivates individuals who could include or have included MSF in their estate plans. S/he will also have the opportunity to learn about MSF’s operations and international medical programs in more than 70 countries around the world. This internship is well-suited for anyone considering a career in development (fundraising), and in the administration of non-profit organizations or NGOs.
The Planned Giving Audience Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Review intent notices (notices from attorneys or donors where MSF has been named in a donor’s will) and other estate documents, and enter all information in database
• Communicate effectively via telephone with estate executors, attorneys, and donors.
• Assist with processing other planned gifts, including Charitable Gift Annuities.
• Prepare and send letters to donors who request more information about MSF’s planned giving opportunities.
• Review and correct donor database records.
• Complete other administrative tasks as assigned by the Associate Director of Planned Giving.
• Attend virtual MSF internal presentations, public education events, and staff and department meetings as scheduling allows.
• Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel).
• Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
• Experience with large databases or donor management systems (i.e. Revolution Online, Raiser’s Edge, Team Approach).
• Genuine commitment to MSF’s principles and work.
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
Pay Class & Contract Type
$15 per hour
Working Time (Hours Per Week)