Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Field Human Resources Department (Field HR) is responsible for recruitment, selection, placement, and retainment of qualified and well-suited field staff to meet the growing needs of MSF field operations.
To assist the International Human Resources unit with the administration of benefits and payroll for field staff, while gaining practical experience in and learning about human resources. The individual will learn about human resources administration for a large non-profit organization and the general workings of a large international humanitarian aid organization. The position is temporarily remote.
The International Human Resources Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Prepare and verify employment packets for international staff
- Prepare briefing and debriefing packets for field staff that include payroll and benefits information
- Schedule in-person and virtual briefings and debriefings with field staff
- Update HRIS systems with demographic information
- Performs benefits enrollments during onboarding and offboarding
- Perform data entry and other administrative support tasks for monthly international payroll
- Create employment, malpractice verifications and termination letters for field staff
- Support HR team with ad-hoc projects, office events and yearly reporting tasks
- Attend Brown Bag Lunch presentations, public education events, program updates and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows
- Serves as minute taker for various HR committees and meetings
- Solves weekly HR challenges in order to apply HR knowledge to everyday tasks
- Experience and/or education in HR practices, especially for a nongovernmental organization an asset
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently as well as within a large group
- Good organizational skills
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Strong Excel skills, able to manipulate and quality check large sets of data
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls or emails please.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff