Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
The Development Department in the U.S. office of Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
The Development team at MSF-USA has experienced rapid expansion over the past few years, from staff growth to increased revenue targets to the number of tools and processes necessary to get the job done. With this expansion has come an increased for operations to ensure effective collaboration and processes, efficient fundraising operations, and strong technology to support these efforts across our 70-person department.
The Technology, Product and Services team is responsible for managing a best-of-breed technology ecosystem, developing efficient processes, supporting department wide strategy and planning and stewarding donors with exceptional service.
The Technology, Product, and Services Intern will support the activities of the Development Team in a rapidly evolving technology environment. They will learn how a fundraising department runs and how technology, data and donor services support the operation.
The Technology, Product, and Services Intern will spend their time working closely with the Technology, Product and Services Project Manager to provide administrative and application support to enable the team to achieve its daily objectives. This includes everything from; coordinating schedules and facilitating meetings, updating project management software, providing administrative support, data entry and data hygiene, maintaining overall data quality, creating dashboards to track metrics, helping to troubleshoot issues for end-users and any other tasks required to support the project objectives.
This internship is ideal for anyone interested in learning about project management principles and the deployment, use and support of applications and technology for a large non-profit organization.
The Intern will be expected to perform the following tasks, training will be provided.
· Work across the Technology, Product and Services team to ensure targets and goals are being met
· Develop and / or refine existing workflow processes
· Assist with the review of all major deliverables (i.e. reports, decks, etc.) to guarantee quality standards are being met
· Work closely with internal teams and external vendors in order to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status and identify potential issues and/or opportunities related to the project
· Provide application support for end users (such as Salesforce, Workfront, ROI)
· Assist in reporting and documentation of various elements of the MSF-USA Development Department
· Work with the Gift Processing team to perform gift adjustments as requested by other fundraising units
· Support technology needs for meetings, virtual conferences, and a variety of other events and presentations
· Set up technology resources for staff members.
· Extremely well-organized with keen attention to detail, able to prioritize work appropriately
· A strong communicator with excellent people skills
· Analytical and common-sense approach to completing tasks and resolving issues
· Ability to work independently, with guidance from department members
· Flexible enough to handle all tasks that might help the team achieve its agreed-upon goals
· Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects
· Strong computer literacy, including ability to use Word, Excel, fundraising databases, and to conduct online research
· Deep, demonstrated commitment to anti-racism and the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
· Genuine commitment to the principles and work of MSF.
· Knowledgeable about fundraising in a non-profit space
· Relevant work experience or study (internships, etc.)
· Familiar with a project management tool such as Workfront
· Experience working with vendors, including support of meetings and monitoring output/impact of vendors and consultants.
· Experience supporting and training fundraising staff in a nonprofit environment
· Knowledge of international affairs and humanitarian issues
Fixed Term Contract
Salary $15.00 per hour
Desired Hiring Date
May 25, 2021
Desired End Date
August 20, 2021
Working Time %
60,00 – 20 hours per week
How to Apply
Please visit the external application link on Handshake to apply for this position
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
Note, this is a remote internship.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 16, 2021.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.