Income Tracking Intern – Spring 2022
SongtrustⓇ is the world’s largest technology solution for global music publishing royalty collection and administration. It was founded to simplify music rights management and remove the complexity of the publishing landscape. Songtrust’s core mission is to help musicians, publishers, labels, and distributors easily track and collect global publishing royalties for their music catalogs. Songtrust has a catalog of over 3,000,000 songs, representing more than 350,000 songwriters including those who have written songs with Drake, Billie Eilish, and Kendrick Lamar. Publishers who entrust the company with their catalog’s royalty collection include CD Baby, Downtown Music Publishing, Symphonic Distribution, Sub Pop Publishing, and Trap Nation.
Songtrust maintains the most extensive, accessible publishing network in the music industry by having relationships across more than sixty pay sources around the world covering more than 245 countries and territories. Songtrust® is a registered service mark of ST Music LLC, which is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings. Songtrust was named a Billboard Magazine Top Music Startup upon launch in 2011. The company is headquartered in New York City. For more information, please visit: http://songtrust.com/
All internship positions are open to either remote or in office employment. To qualify for in office employment one must meet our company vaccination requirements. All internship positions are part time and paid an hourly rate of $15 per hour.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Collect and aggregate source statements from various pay sources for further analysis
- Utilize data from 3rd party providers (i.e MRC Music Connect and Soundcharts) to obtain usage activity
- Import and update income tracking claims to V-Tiger, the team’s CRM
- Assist with research for payment variance explanations
- Support with any special projects
- An interest in the music industry
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Google Docs
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively in a growing music tech company
- Work in a collaborative environment full of innovative, passionate, and happy people
- Open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Q&A Sessions with various Downtown Music Holdings Employees and Leadership
- Paid Internship opportunity at $15 per hour
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.