Sync Operations Intern – Spring 2022
at Downtown Music
Downtown Music Services is a modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. As the preferred partner for some of the world’s most beloved songwriters, storied music catalogs, and emerging artists at the forefront of pop culture, we offer bespoke distribution, publishing administration, creative marketing and finance solutions to entrepreneurial creators and their partners. Downtown Music Services is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings.
All internship positions are open to either remote or in office employment. To qualify for in office employment one must meet our company vaccination requirements. All internship positions are part time and paid an hourly rate of $15 per hour.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Entering sync licenses into the database to be tracked
- Tracking performance of Commercials in the US
- Assisting with the creation of a weekly internal newsletter for Sync Marketing
- Working on bespoke metadata projects to enhance the team’s ability to search the DMP catalog
- Internal reports (pitching and licensing history and trends)
- Researching charting songs from the DMP catalog
- Ingestion/management of audio files into the Sync Site
- Passionate about music and how it is used in the media
- Someone who has a strong understanding of music trends and a familiarity with many different type of genres
- Organized, reliable and hard-working
- Technical skills with both PC and Mac programs including Excel, Word, Apple products, Google Docs
- Proficient in social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Vine, Periscope, etc.
- Excited to be part of a creative environment
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively in a growing music tech company
- Work in a collaborative environment full of innovative, passionate, and happy people
- Open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Q&A Sessions with various Downtown Music Holdings Employees and Leadership
- Paid Internship opportunity at $15 per hour
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.