With supervision, the consultant will contribute to the support of our existing and future product pipeline with respect to the scientific evidence for safety and efficacy.
This may include:
- Conducting literature searches on specific nutritional ingredients, physiological processes, toxicity, and medical interventions utilizing a variety of resources (public, subscription, science and/or medical databases).
- Contribute to the vetting of new product opportunities to determine safety, efficacy, viability, dosage, regulatory compliance, scientific validation and commercial feasibility.
- Review literature, such as clinical studies and meta-analyses, identifying and organizing key information.
- Contribute to the review of marketing materials including ads, blogs, social media posts, etc. to ensure scientific accuracy and to ensure claims are consistent with those approved.
- Remain current on scientific issues by evaluating research associated with health conditions.
- Maintain a database of product competitive landscape.
- Participating in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Minimum of BA or BS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with a group contributing diverse skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and/or PowerPoint programs
- Internet search skills
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
EXPERIENCE OR SPECIAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Completed coursework in nutrition, biology, physiology, or other life science with lab
- Experience with basic statistical analysis and research
- Comfortable reading scientific papers
- Experience with literature databases
SCHEDULE: 20-40 hours per week contributing to Scientific Affairs initiatives. Flexible schedule, remote with flexibility to come in office on periodic basis
COMPENSATION: commensurate with experience