Are you a rock star researcher and writer? Are you interested in improving the relationship between utility companies and their customers? If so, E Source would like to hear from you. We provide research and advisory services to electric, gas, and water utilities with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of their operations, customer programs, and customer relationships.
We’re looking for an analyst to join our Customer Engagement Solutions research team. This team is focused on creating content that helps our clients gain a deeper understanding of their customers and how to engage with them most effectively.
Here are the values we live by at E Source:
- Be the best at what you do – provide high-quality work in all aspects of your job.
- Do the right thing – have integrity, be trustworthy, and put the team above personal gain.
- Lead the change – lead with curiosity, innovate, and embrace change in order to grow.
- Cultivate community – build relationships, assume positive intent, and foster a culture of inclusivity.
As an analyst, you should enjoy creating unbiased content, filled with actionable advice, that helps our clients make data-driven decisions. In this role, you’ll field on-demand research requests from our utility members and write in-depth research reports on topics such as utility account management, residential and business marketing, digital engagement, and corporate communications. Prior experience in any of these areas will set you up for success in this role.
How you’ll contribute to our mission
- Conduct research via primary and secondary sources
- Build subject-matter expertise in one or more of the areas the Customer Engagement Solutions team covers (customer experience, digital engagement, and contact center operations)
- Answer customer research requests, often on a tight deadline
- Think critically to identify trends, best practices, and insights to help our members better serve and engage with their customers
- Contribute to producing innovative, ground-breaking reports
- Co-present research findings via virtual and in-person events
What will make you a good fit
- Up to five years of professional experience
- A bachelors degree in journalism, business, marketing, communications, public policy, energy, political science, or a related field, preferred
- Experience in customer experience, digital engagement, or contact center operations
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and document-preparation skills
- Strong writing, research, analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated interest in energy efficiency, water efficiency, or sustainability, preferred
- The ability and desire to develop and grow utility sector or subject-matter expertise and contribute to our mission of creating a more sustainable economy
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We offer flexible schedules and generous paid time off as soon as you start, including three weeks of vacation, eight paid holidays, two floating holidays, and seven sick days a year. We have additional time-off banks for jury duty, bereavement, and parental leave.
- We offer a 401(k) with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted range $43,000 to $65,000, plus an annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based upon position level and experience.
Ideally this person will work from our Boulder location, but we’ll also consider remote candidates.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visa at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.