Do you get excited about helping utilities achieve efficiency, load management, and decarbonization goals through distributed energy resource (DER) and energy-efficiency programs? Do you have a passion for making complex programs and concepts simple and clear? We’re seeking a technical research analyst with experience in electric vehicles (EVs) and beneficial electrification to provide actionable, data-driven advice to our utility clients. This position will join the Customer Energy Solutions team within the Research and Advisory division.
At E Source, our passion for sustainability and energy efficiency fuels our work. We provide research, data science, and advisory services to electric, gas, and water utilities with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of their operations, customer programs, and customer relationships. Were on a mission to help our clients evolve into customer-centric organizations that make data-driven decisions. And we have fun while we do it!
Our ideal candidate has:
- A passion for digging into technical details and making them clear and easy-to-understand.
- Demonstrated expertise with engineering principles governing energy-efficiency, renewable-energy, and EV technologies.
- Experience with utility energy-efficiency and end-use electrification programs and technologies, with an emphasis on EVs.
- A strong understanding of customer-centric electric, gas, and/or water utility demand-side management programs and how programs best meet the needs of customers.
- Exceptional writing, verbal, and analytical skills. E Source differentiates itself through readable, clear, and concise reports and presentations. Applications without cover letters may be given lower priority in our review.
- Creativity and openness. You aren’t afraid to share your ideas for how we might do things differently.
- Rigor and discipline. You manage your time well and your coworkers can count on you to do what you say you’ll do.
- Humility and a collaborative attitude. You know there are things you don’t know, and that energizes you. You work well in a team environment, and you proactively seek support, advice, and guidance from others, and are happy to provide support to others.
- Serve as our in-house expert on EVs, end-use electrification, and related utility programs and technologies
- Respond to questions from utility members about efficiency and DER technologies, trends, and programs
- Gather research from primary and secondary sources (including phone interviews, internet searches, and in-depth reading), critically analyze the information, and write up key findings and best practices in a way that’s easy for audiences of varying technical skills to understand
- Create clear, concise, data-driven, and action-oriented content for topically focused reports, short written articles, technical briefs, webinars, and in-person events
- Engage with utility members through in-person and virtual meetings and by preparing and delivering customized presentations on various technology topics
- Assist the E Source consulting team on an as-needed basis
- Mentor junior staff and share knowledge and experience across the company
- Occasionally represent E Source as a subject-matter expert at industry conferences and events
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We offer flexible schedules and generous paid time off as soon as you start, including three weeks of vacation, eight paid holidays, two floating holidays, and seven sick days a year. We have additional time-off banks for jury duty, bereavement, and parental leave.
- We offer a 401(k) with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted range starts at $55,000 – $85,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Ideally this person will work from our Boulder location, but we will also consider remote candidates.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.