Are you a rock star writer? Do you enjoy working collaboratively on projects? Do you want to explore the breadth of topics we cover related to how utilities operate and serve their customers—from social media and customer engagement to energy-efficiency programs and technologies? If so, we want you to join our team as a staff writer!
At E Source, our passion for sustainability and energy efficiency fuels our work. We provide research and advisory services to electric, gas, and water utilities with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of their operations, customer programs, and customer relationships. We’re on a mission to help our clients evolve into customer-centric organizations that make data-driven decisions. And we like to have fun while we do it!
Here are the values we live by:
● Be the best at what you do—provide high-quality work in all aspects of your job
● Do the right thing—have integrity, be trustworthy, and put the team above personal gain
● Lead the change—lead with curiosity, innovate, and embrace change in order to grow
● Cultivate community—build relationships, assume positive intent, and foster a culture of inclusivity
We’re looking for someone who truly loves to write. If you enjoy creating unbiased content, filled with actionable advice, that helps our clients make good decisions, we’ve got a spot on the team for you. In this role, sometimes you’ll be working independently on an assignment. Other times you’ll be partnering with one of E Source’s subject-matter experts to craft insightful, easy-to-read content. We’re known for our high-quality content as well as our ability to filter out the hype for our clients.
How you’ll contribute to our mission
● Develop highly relevant web-published content by researching topics, interviewing subject matter experts, and writing articles
● Repurpose content for a wider audience
● Update existing content to ensure that it’s relevant, accessible, and actionable
● Help your teammates with research and writing tasks as needed
● Own the content you create by keeping it up to date
What will make you a good fit
● Moxy and a can-do attitude
● Strong writing, research, project management, and communication skills
● The ability to work both independently and as part of a project team
● A willingness to juggle multiple assignments and the ability to put your best effort into each
● An interest in sustainability or energy and water efficiency
· We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
· We offer flexible schedules and generous paid time off as soon as you start, including three weeks of vacation, eight paid holidays, two floating holidays, and seven sick days a year. We have additional time-off banks for jury duty, bereavement, and parental leave.
· We offer a 401(k) with a 3% employer match.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
The budgeted salary for this position is $40,000 to $50,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Ideally this person will work from our Boulder, Colorado, location, but we’ll also consider remote candidates.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.