At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of 2,100+ schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that’s why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we’ve been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Account Manager (Audience Generation)
EAB recently acquired Cappex, a company that offers colleges and universities several solutions that allow them to build their brands, connect with prospective students, generate qualified inquiries, and meet their enrollment goals. Student targeting capabilities such as location, diversity, specific majors, and GPA make Cappex the most efficient way to start relationships and build online engagement with college-bound students. EAB is also the exclusive service provider of the Intersect student recruitment platform, providing colleges with a channel to build affinity with students and to cultivate high-intent inquiries.
Our Audience Generation Account Management team works with college and university admissions leaders such as Deans and Vice Presidents. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing a book of partners, growing that book through building relationships and upselling those existing accounts across both Cappex and Intersect business lines.
This role is based in Richmond, VA or Chicago, IL. Exceptional candidates in other office locations or who are based remotely may also be considered.
- Cultivate strong relationships with college administrators
- Prospect, conduct compelling sales presentations, and sell to admissions accounts (20% travel required) to meet and exceed target goals
- Use a consultative, strategic sales approach to build relationships with college admissions officials (the partner) and most importantly – close deals
- Use Salesforce and other resources necessary for territory management and success
- Participate in training and partner with management to ensure comfort with the product and pitch and to support successful performance
- Share knowledge with a collaborative, dynamic team
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience, including experience with responsibility for sales, account management, and relationship management
- Excellent communication (written, oral, interpersonal), presentation, and relationship-building skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products and ability to quickly learn Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel ~20%
- Sales/marketing degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience selling, including cold calling and prospecting, relationship development, presentation, and closing
- Motivation to make a difference in a growing company
- Drive to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with thinking creatively and ability to take ownership and drive results
- Passion for helping students find their best-fit college and achieve their higher education dreams, helping colleges reach their enrollment goals, and living the EAB mission of making education smarter and our communities stronger
- Prior experience representing Cappex or Intersect product offerings to drive enrollment success
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.