At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,900 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that’s why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we’ve been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Implementation Specialist, Wisr
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to lead new customers through onboarding and implementation of their first Wisr site.
Acquired by EAB in early 2021, Wisr was founded in 2016 to bridge the growing rift between college education and successful job placement. Since then, Wisr has grown to support the full student lifecycle at higher education institutions across the US. Leveraging over thirty years of collective experience in higher education technology, the Wisr team built a tool that connects all of an institution’s stakeholders to put each student at the center of a web of mentors, academic advisors, and personalized support.
This role is in Cleveland, OH (or remote within the US for the right candidate). Please note that this role is also posted as an “Implementation & Training Manager.”
- Work with closely with new Wisr customers to implement their new Wisr site, including configuration, data workflow, training new users, go-live support, and best practices optimization
- Manage the technical and project portions of onboarding new customers
- Understand customer use cases and provide guidance on how Wisr can be leveraged to meet and exceed these goals.
- Operate cross-functionally throughout the organization, communicating customer needs and project objectives to multiple parties to ensure a successful implementation.
- Serve as a Wisr implementation subject matter expert.
- Product features, capabilities
- Best practices in design
- Work closely with Customer Success Managers during onboarding and culminating in a successful handoff when the implementation has been completed. Included but not limited to creating handoff documents and logging customer feedback
- Create and maintain project plans and other documentation to assist customers with onboarding.
- Manage customer expectations by building relationships, communicating project status, preparing reports, and facilitating regular meetings
- Fully understand the features of Wisr’s entire suite of products.
- Support customers and end users to ensure they are fully adopting and integrating Wisr products into their institutions during the implementation process
- Up to 20% travel when safe travel resumes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years relevant work experience in customer-facing roles for SaaS; experience in higher education a plus
- Strong and polished communication skills, including writing, the ability to present trainings, and comfort in leading client meetings
- Self-motivation, proactive team play with remote experience preferred
- Technical aptitude with SaaS and office suite products; experience with Totango (customer success platform) and support ticketing systems preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
- Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.