Title: Project Developer
The Project Developer is responsible for developing energy storage projects and managing the project teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prospecting and researching target areas
- Negotiating and securing site control
- Managing landowner relationships
- Securing discretionary and ministerial permitting
- Negotiating and securing tax abatements
- Identifying and resolving title issues
- Originate and pursue revenue contracts
- Monitor and participate in regulatory and legislative policy initiatives
- Leading project team, working independently and with outside parties, such as landowners, permit officers, brokers, equipment vendors, contractors, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate across a broad spectrum of technical understanding – written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Public speaking
- Development risk identification and assessment
- Proficiency with project management software
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Salesforce, Smartsheets and GIS
Characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Passion for energy development and the environment
- Creative problem-solving ability and solutions-oriented mindset
- Proactive attitude
- Team player and leader
- Attention to detail
Education & Experience:
- 4-year university degree, BS or BA
- 1-2 years of experience preferred; exceptional entry level candidates will be considered
Travel & Time Commitment:
- Approximately 30% of time will be on the road; will vary based on status of projects
- Travel includes independent site visits and landowner meetings
- A typical work week is 50-60 hours, depending on needs of the projects
This position will begin as remote working, due to the current COVID 19 situation. In the next 3-6 months we expect that the position will be based out of the East Point Energy office in Charlottesville, VA.
This job description is not inclusive of all requirements of the position. Employees will perform any other duties as may be required by their manager.