EIG Accounting is a fast-paced department in need of a Financial Analyst to share in the additional responsibilities related to the bank going public in Q4 2020 as well as EIG’s enthusiastic growth objectives. Ideally the candidate for this position will possess core accounting knowledge as well as the necessary skills to assist EIG Accounting with new acquisition integrations and modernization of existing processes.
This position works independently and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timely reporting of the financial information described above. In compiling said information, the Financial Analyst must request information, schedules, and reports from several individuals throughout the Agency. Through the Financial Analyst’s review processes, problems and questions may arise that can oftentimes be solved and addressed independently by the Financial Analyst through research or existing knowledge of the given process. Other problems and questions require clarification from the individuals disseminating the information or the EIG Assistant Controller. The Financial Analyst is expected to regularly exercise discretion and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. The Financial Analyst is expected to perform a wide variety of complicated tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. This position involves the ability to multi-task while also adhering to strict deadlines, which requires the Financial Analyst to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reconciling GL accounts
- Month-end Production: journal entries
- Assisting with controls (FDICIA/SOX)- writing and maintaining narratives, flowcharts, test plans and performing quarterly testing
- Assisting with quarterly reporting requests from the bank
- Assisting with accounting policy (revenue recognition, goodwill, intangibles)
- Internal and External Audit liaison
- Assisting with monthly expense analysis, as needed
- Assisting with planning/budgeting, as needed
- Other related duties as assigned (i.e. assisting with analyzing and implementing new accounting standards, as needed)
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar degree is required.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of relevant accounting operations experience
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Insurance agency industry experience is a plus
- FDICIA or SOX controls exposure is a plus
- EPIC agency management system experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups, simple modeling)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access and Word
- Accounting policy interpretation, application, and implementation skills
- Familiarity with accounting software packages such as Oracle
- Ability to problem solve and analyze data
- Ability to communicate with individuals of varying backgrounds and stature
- Ability to work independently and prioritize schedule
- This role is highly cyclical in nature given internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines
- Time management and prioritization are integral to the success of this role.
- Working outside of normal business hours is sometimes required, particularly around month, quarter and year ends