ECOAGRICULTURE PARTNERS SEEKS A MOTIVATED AND BRIGHT WRITER, MULTIMEDIA STORYTELLER AND SOCIAL MEDIA MAVEN TO JOIN OUR TEAM AS A REMOTE COMMUNICATIONS INTERN.
EcoAgriculture Partners is an international non-profit organization that strives to bring about a world where rural landscapes are managed to improve rural livelihoods, conserve ecosystems, and sustainably produce food and fiber. The organization provides training, research, policy, finance solutions and support to farmers, communities and organizations at the local, national and international levels. We use integrated landscape management as a widely applicable blueprint for sustainable development and a solution to global challenges such as food security, persistent poverty, climate change, ecosystem degradation, and biodiversity loss.
We are leading the development of the global 1000 Landscapes for 1 Billion People initiative to use radical collaboration and human-centered design to scale our impact to the next level. To learn more about EcoAgriculture Partners, visit our website at www.ecoagriculture.org. For more information on the 1000L initiative, visit the website at landscapes.global.
Reporting to the Senior Communication Manager, the intern will undertake communications activities for EcoAgriculture Partners and 1000 Landscapes over a negotiable period that can begin as soon as the right candidate is available. The Communications Intern will play a central role in developing and implementing 1000L’s communications plan. This person will learn about the future of conservation and sustainable agriculture while gaining skills in nonprofit messaging and storytelling. The right candidate will also acquire an understanding of integrated landscape management by synthesizing and supporting the work we do in finance, policy, leadership development and climate-smart agriculture.
We will provide a stipend of approximately $400/month (depending on time commitment per week). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Tasks and duties include:
- Interviewing, writing and preparing blog posts, reported articles, and other materials;
- Producing shareable social media content and conducting social listening to help the organization and 1000L engage with audiences and build brand awareness;
- Creating weekly news roundups of agroforestry, sustainable agriculture and integrated landscape management media coverage for sharing with our audience;
- Generating a list of reporters covering our topic areas;
- Monitoring and managing incoming emails and inquiries;
- Creating simple graphic design products and infographics;
- Instituting and monitoring communications analytics;
- Other communications, outreach and administrative tasks as assigned.
The communications intern will regularly interact with program staff to gain an introductory understanding of international rural development and finance, integrated landscape management, and international policies related to agriculture, ecosystem restoration and biodiversity. This person will also meet weekly with the Communications Manager for feedback, to monitor the status of projects, and to develop and pursue a mutually agreed upon communications project of the intern’s own design.
- Recent undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, communications, marketing, environmental studies, conservation biology or a related subject;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and a demonstrated interest in storytelling;
- Familiarity with various social media channels, WordPress CMS and graphics design programs;
- Strong multi-tasker able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Flexible and willing to learn on the go.