The Energy Storage Data Analyst / Developer is responsible for designing and developing software and data tools focused on assessment and operation of storage projects. The person in this role will analyze the potential revenue of storage projects participating in wholesale electricity markets.
- Support the development of software tools using Python, SQL, and Visual Basic that will be used to project economics and viability of storage systems.
- Perform analysis and create dynamic reports of operations of storage system using Power BI
- Develop optimization models and strategies to maximize the potential revenue of storage projects
- Manage large amounts of data and create efficient connections and queries to extract relevant information
- Ensure quality control of performance datasets by confirming accuracy against original sources, checking for errors manually and automatically, and updating datasets regularly
- Work as part of a team, supporting and leading initiatives that enhance the group’s capabilities and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Proficient knowledge of Python, SQL, Azure and Microsoft Office Software
- Experience with code development and software maintenance
- Preferred: Proficient knowledge of Linear Programming and Mixed-Integer Programming and Algebraic Modeling Languages as AIMMS, GAMS, or Pyomo
- Preferred: Experience with optimization models, value engineering, cost benefit analysis, or similar
- Preferred: Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese.
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products preferred.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise.
- Ability to comprehend and apply a variety of subjects relating to storage systems, including efficiency, degradation, and electrical systems
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative working environment
- Proven ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Strong statistical and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated
- Strong interest in environmental issues and renewable energy
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to frequently perform physical tasks including standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching while on project sites; ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary