The Senior Finance Manager will be part of the team who is dedicated to structuring the capital stack for all EDPR North America’s renewable energy projects. This position will lead negotiations on the financing agreements, finalize the capital structure and ensure all key risks are adequately covered. This position will ensure the deal team is driven and motivated to achieve optimized results. A successful candidate will be a strong leader, capable of managing multiple priorities and internal and external parties and stakeholders.
This position will be responsible for leading 1-2 financings per year. In addition to leading transactions, the candidate will also work to develop external relationships with consultants, advisors and investors and internal relationships with the tax, M&A, Origination and Development teams. The Candidate will identify and investigate various technologies (such as solar, offshore wind, storage, hydrogen) and financing solutions, which should be considered by EDPR NA and lead junior staff through analysis to approval of the suggested financing solution/product.
- Negotiate key transaction documents (ECCA/MIPA, LLCA, Ancillary documents) with appropriate risk coverage
- Identify relevant analysis to be run, connecting transaction documents, due diligence and model impacts
- Create standardized methodology for modeling best practices to help develop analyst/associate pool
- Identify and research new technologies, financial tools and products relevant for EDPR NA
- Research and develop financing structures for growing technologies such as storage, and green hydrogen
- Review valuation methodology to ensure it is accurate
- Support DG Solar and Offshore Wind platforms with Financing, Equity Structuring and other
- Provide support to M&A and Origination teams as needed during Acquisitions, Sale Processes and PPA negotiations respectively
- Review all materials required for assets marketing (teasers, info-memos, factsheets) and for required approvals at the EDPR and EDP decision making committees
- Additional duties as required
Direct reports: 1 – 3
Travel: 0 – 10%
Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, engineering or related field; MBA/Master of Finance desirable
- 8 -10 years in energy or finance required
- At least 3 years of complex valuation and financing/economic modelling experience
- Direct work experience in renewable energy industry is desirable
- Knowledge of partnership tax rules desirable
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Excellent competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and motivate others
- Strong Interpersonal and teamwork skills across dynamic team of eleven members
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment.
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary