This position will be working under the EDPR-NA Distributed Generation. The Solar Engineering Analyst is responsible for various technical aspects of EDPR-NA’s solar projects ranging from modeling, analysis, and organization of project site constraints to development of site-specific inputs to enable rapid conceptual design cycles of solar plants.
- Able to review both electrical and structural engineering designs for accuracy.
- Analysis and feedback of PVSYST simulations.
- Basic layout skills in both Helioscope and AutoCAD.
- Collaborate closely with various departments including Project Development, Procurement, Energy Assessment, and Engineering for technical planning and due diligence evaluations
- Provide reports to management by producing regular and frequent project status updates and other reporting documents
- Communicate information continuously and effectively to cross-functional teams
- Assist in technical vendor reviews and qualifications
- Provide technical support to Procurement for the preparation and execution of solar RFP’s for vendors and contractors
- Additional duties as required
Direct reports: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related technical field
- 1 – 3 years of technical project management experience
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or PVSyst is strongly preferred
- Experience in ProCore is a plus
- Experience in ArcGIS software is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Solar PV technology and NEC code is preferred
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise. (Preferred).
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on all technical and commercial subjects related to Solar PV projects
- Ability to quickly understand the basics of a variety of subjects relating to renewable energy including civil and electrical engineering designs and detailed drawings, construction-related processes, environmental, and cultural studies
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work productively with limited supervision
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interest in environmental issues and renewable energy
- Business acumen and demonstrated project management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and work extended hours as needed
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Walking: Ability to walk .25 to .5 miles per day, including across unpaved and rough surfaces when on project sites.
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Tolerance to Extreme Weather Conditions: Ability to work in adverse weather conditions 25% of the time while on project sites.