About the Step Up Program:
EDR (www.edrworld.org) is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization aiming to contribute to human development and social harmony through youth education. EDR serves underserved populations that face educational inequality due to cultural/economic and English language barriers. EDR’s Step Up program is designed specifically and carefully to improve educational opportunities for economically disadvantaged/immigrant students through academic tutoring and mentoring to address the consistent large achievement gap for ELs and former Els.
Mission: facilitate English reading & writing and/or Mathematics to English Language Learners from grade 3 to grade 8
Duration: October 18 – December 22, 2021 (31 days in total)
Time: 2 hours every program day
- 3:00 – 5:00 PM if teaching at middle schools;
- 3:30 – 5:30 PM if teaching at elementary schools
Class size: less or equal to 20 students
Location: 6 different schools in Brockton, MA, you might choose the one that suits you.
- Baker Elementary School, Downey Elementary School, Angelo Elementary School
- East Middle School, South Middle School, Ashfield Middle Schools
Note: teachers could teach remote (online) and in-person (at Brockton school)
However, a minimum of once per week in-person teaching at the program site is required.
Transportation could be arranged for the in-person teaching days
About Teachers’ Responsibilities and Duties
- Create lesson plans, Prepare instructional materials & activities.
- Grade student work and tests.
- Write progress reports for students.
- Help with Student Management
- Participate in Pre-semester and Post-semester workshops/meetings
Requirements for Candidates
- Application open to college students from junior grade.
- Master’s degree or teaching certificate preferred.
- Teaching or mentoring experience for grades 3-8 is preferred.
- Strong collaborative teaching and working skills.
- The creative and innovative ability for designing student-relevant learning activities and student-centered projects.
About How to Apply
- In order to apply for this position, please visit: https://edrworld.org/contact-us/employment/
- 1 Resume and 1 cover letter
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- The interview shall be conducted on Zoom
- 1 demo lesson on your chosen subject is expected to be delivered.