The role will be as a generalist in our Global Ratings team. Individuals will be responsible for fundamental credit analysis and rigorous analytical work while producing timely ratings for our clients and the markets. The successful candidate will have strong financial modeling and forecasting experience as well as effective interpersonal, communication, and writing skills. Duties include regularly preparing written rating analysis; conducting quantitative assessments during the rating process; presenting rating rationale to rating committee; repeated interaction with clients and management teams; and other duties assigned by manager. This is a high-profile, customer-oriented position in a fast-paced environment.
· Perform in depth credit analysis on publically traded and private entities consisting of corporate, financial institutions, REIT, and insurance.
· Build financial models using quantitative assessments of financials statements and capital structures.
· Use Egan-Jones credit methodology and credit metrics to determine a credit rating.
· Utilize multiple sources of information including repeated interaction with company management, credit materials provided by the company, as well as public filings and financial statements.
· Recommend a rating and prepare written credit ratings analysis reports based on the conclusion of credit research.
· Respond to client and investor inquiries when needed.
· Maintain a solid understanding of relevant industries trends and market conditions.
· Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
· Solid Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills.
· Strong work ethic, respect for securities law and regulatory requirements.
· Detail oriented, dedicated, self-motivated, ability to work independently, highly adaptable, result-driven, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
· Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work as a team.
· MBA or Master’s (preferred) in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related area; or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience.
· Demonstrable experience in a Credit Rating Agency, Commercial Bank or other related financial institution preferred.
· Ability to work independently at times with minimal supervision.
· Adherence to compliance requirements and guidelines are a must.