A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
About the Program: The Life Science Graduate Internship Program is a 10-week remote work experience designed to identify the next generation of talent at MilliporeSigma. This program provides a unique opportunity within one of our business units or capabilities to develop strategic capabilities and build your business acumen in a supportive, team setting.
Those selected, will own a high impact project(s) and benefit from the experience of an executive mentor and the MilliporeSigma Talent and Development organization. You will also participate in a variety of activities to promote teamwork, social responsibility, and the development of both technical and interpersonal skills.
In this role, you will be part of a growing, global team of data analytics engineers, who collaborate in DevOps mode, in order to enable MilliporeSigma with state-of-the-art technology to leverage data as an asset and to take better informed decisions. The Life Science Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting automated data analyses, models and algorithms on Life Science’s data management and analytics platform (Palantir Foundry, Hadoop and other components). The Foundry platform comprises multiple different technology stacks, which are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure or on-premise Merck KGaA Darmstadt, Germany’s own data centers. This position will be project based and may work across multiple smaller projects or a single large project utilizing an agile project methodology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop high quality data analyses, analytical models and algorithms supporting our data analytics use cases and solving critical business problems
- Perform regression, classification, natural language processing, named-entity recognition (among others)
- Participate in end to end project lifecycle, from requirements analysis to go-live and operations of an application
- Acts as business analyst for developing requirements for Foundry pipelines
- Document technical work in a professional and transparent way. Create high quality technical documentation
- Deploy applications on Foundry platform infrastructure with clearly defined checks
- Implementation of changes and bug fixes via Merck’s change management framework
- DevOps project setup following Agile principles (e.g. Scrum)
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Sciences or related field
- Experience with data analysis with exposure to advanced analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, and informational extraction and retrieval
- Curious learner, strong in quantitative analysis and research skills, with an interest in the intersection of business and science
- Collaborative with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter
- Able to understand the “big picture” and work with complexity and ambiguity
- Proven track record of academic excellence
- Desire to pursue a career in life science industry and our organization upon graduation
- Highly motivated graduate student with a proven track record of academic excellence and a desire to work in the Life Science industry.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.