A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
About the Program: The Life Science Graduate Internship Program is a 10-week remote work experience designed to identify the next generation of talent at MilliporeSigma. This program provides a unique opportunity within one of our business units or capabilities to develop strategic capabilities and build your business acumen in a supportive, team setting.
Those selected, will own a high impact project(s) and benefit from the experience of an executive mentor and the MilliporeSigma Talent and Development organization. You will also participate in a variety of activities to promote teamwork, social responsibility, and the development of both technical and interpersonal skills.
Reporting into the List Price Analytics & Tools Manager in Darmstadt, Germany, you will be responsible to identify new upselling opportunities and how we can use list pricing as a catalyst for them. Working with us, you’ll join a dynamic, highly collaborative team that enjoys being “problem solvers” in science and business.
- You will analyze internal data to identify where upselling opportunities are being realized and where potential is left untapped
- Conduct a deep-dive analysis on how list price positioning can help realize potential upselling opportunities easier
- Collaborate cross-functional to promote your identified upselling opportunities to commercial representatives and drive an increase in top line of our core portfolio
- Set up a long-term impact tracking of your initiative
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in data science, mathematics, business or computer science
- 6+ months experience in analyzing and interpreting data, and distilling business insights
- Passion, an entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to have a curious mind to drive initiatives.
- Ability to absorb, understand, and structure large amounts of new information quickly.
- Highly motivated graduate student with a proven track record of academic excellence and a desire to work in the Life Science industry.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.