Title & Location
Analyst, Marketing & Communications
New York, NY (Midtown)
*Expectation to work remote initially
EMPEA (Emerging Markets Private Equity Association) seeks a full‐time Analyst of Marketing & Communications. This position will be responsible for drafting and editing member communications, supporting the design and production of reports, and interfacing with Industry Partners to identify opportunities for collaboration. Another core responsibility includes implementing a social media strategy and developing associated KPIs to benchmark progress across EMPEA’s LinkedIn and Twitter channels.
This position will report to the Managing Director of Marketing & Communications. Ideal candidates must have exceptional writing, design, and organizational skills.
· Draft member communications to EMPEA constituents, ensuring consistency and accuracy of written material
· Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms (LinkedIn and Twitter)
· Define and implement social media KPIs
· Develop creative materials such as event banners and website imagery that adhere to the EMPEA style guide
· Coordinate with Industry Partners in support of events and potential speaking engagements
· Create approved contact lists in Pardot and manage marketing calendars/processes
· Support the production, editing and distribution of reports, liaising with external designers and internal teams (MarCom, Research, VC) while adhering to the EMPEA style guide.
· 1-3 years of relevant work experience in marketing/communications/public relations
· Strong ability to write, edit and review key editorial outputs
· Excellent written and verbal skills in English a must; additional language fluency highly preferred
· Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
· Experience with WordPress, SquareSpace, or other website platforms
· Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
· Experience with e-marketing platforms, such as Mailchimp, CreateSend, Pardot, Constant Contact, or others a plus
· Must be a team player and able to adapt to a fast-paced office environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in area related to communications/public relations and/or marketing
· Background/experience in Asia, Middle East, Latin America, Africa, and/or other emerging markets regions a plus
Salary and position title are commensurate with experience. EMPEA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a vibrant team environment.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a brief cover letter explaining their interest for immediate consideration to Olivia Weiss at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
EMPEA is the global industry association for private capital in emerging markets. An independent, non-profit organization, the association brings together 300+ firms—including institutional investors, fund managers, and industry advisors—who manage more than USD5 trillion in assets across 130 countries. EMPEA supports its members globally through authoritative research and intelligence, investor meetings, education, and advocacy.
Under the EMPEA global umbrella is its sister brand LAVCA, the Association for Private Capital Investment in Latin America, which represents over 180 firms, from leading global investment firms active in the region and local fund managers to family offices, global sovereign wealth funds, corporate investors, and international pension plans. Member firms control assets in excess of US$65b, directed at capitalizing and growing Latin American businesses.
EMPEA and LAVCA support members and the industry through authoritative research and intelligence, conferences, networking, education, and advocacy.