Emerging Strategy is looking for candidates who are currently in China (preferably in Shanghai), and can start working in our Shanghai Office.
Intern Analysts (IAs) are passionate about conducting research. Their work supports our employees’ research and analysis for clients, which in turn has a direct impact on the clients’ businesses, which are typically global companies with >$1 Billion in revenue.
Note****The Intern Analyst role is suitable for current Bachelors degree students. If you have already graduated with a Bachelors degree, please consider applying for an Intern Associate position instead. If you are a current student in a joint Bachelors + Masters degree program, you may apply for the Intern Analyst role.****
IAs learn how to use a variety of public and proprietary desktop research sources and conducting targeted and efficient searches for relevant information and developing that into usable insights. IAs contribute to various aspects of research, analysis, writing and presentation of companies and markets in different emerging markets globally, depending on interest and language skills. While we cannot specify in advance the nature and sector of specific projects that an Intern may work on, Interns typically have the opportunity to support teams working on diverse client projects. We have high expectations from all Interns, at par with entry-level employees. Some of our most successful employees started as IAs.
- Identify primary sources, conduct interviews and collect business and market intelligence; primary sources include subject matter experts and stakeholders of the target market
- Gather business and market intelligence through thorough secondary research, analyze and synthesize the gathered intelligence, and write succinct, pertinent reports
- Set up interviews with the stakeholders of target companies, prepare for and participate in the interview
- Assist the project team in developing client-facing documents by editing, aligning the format, and verifying the information
- Provide thoughtful input for the project team as they develop research plans, analytical frameworks, client-facing report structure
- Participate in client meetings (over the phone or in person)
In addition to core responsibilities related to client projects, everyone at the firm, including IAs, are involved in Emerging Strategy’s strategic growth in addition to delivering assignments to our customers. At various times IAs will also be staffed on business development initiatives, proposal development, and marketing activities. This enables IAs to gain a holistic understanding of the business and to contribute in multiple ways.
IAs operate in an entrepreneurial, international, and fast-paced environment. They can handle the high expectations of quality, timeliness, and professionalism from Emerging Strategy’s managers, and they benefit from a friendly and collaborative work environment.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Current student within a Top 20 ranked Bachelors’ degree (any rigorous major) or joint Bachelors + Masters degree program
- High GPA and demonstrable research and writing experience
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing); additional language skills are welcome
- Open-minded about working in a range of industries including Education, Technology, Automotive, Financial Services, and others
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft Office software and with advanced analytical techniques and functions in Excel, SPSS, etc. Not afraid of learning / using technology.
Experience: Junior level
Functions: Consulting, Analyst, Research
Industries: Market Research, Management Consulting