Our mission is to empower students to become the most successful version of themselves.
Empowerly (www.empowerly.com) is hiring for part-time college counselors to help high school students apply for college. This is a flexible role that can be done remotely and is paid hourly (prep and meeting time included). It can easily be done along with a full time job or if you are a full time student.
Empowerly is a rapidly growing education technology startup founded by UC Berkeley, Princeton, and Stanford graduates. We connect high school students with their best-fit college counselors for 1-on-1, personalized counseling to help them through the college admissions process. We are venture-backed and part of Stanford StartX and UC Berkeley SkyDeck.
We are particularly looking for one or more of the following:
- Background in STEM (particularly computer science, medicine, mechanical engineering, etc), business, or law
- Experience working in a college admissions office
- College admissions counseling experience for 5+ years
- Exceptional communication, ability to meet hard deadlines, dedication to client service, solid writing and editing, and an interest in education
- Student’s academic and extracurricular achievement assessment and long-term goal setting
- Individualized academic and extracurricular activity planning
- Summer activity planning and application supports
- College application strategic positioning
- College application guidance, including essay consulting and editing
- Engagement in research projects related to academic counseling or college application