EnCompass LLC is currently seeking an intern for the summer for the USAID-funded Generate Results within Our Work (GROW) project. GROW supports the Democracy, Human Rights and Governance (DRG) Center of Excellence to strengthen the capacity of its staff to lead high quality learning events, facilitate information exchange, and broaden their technical influence as thought leaders in the DRG community. This position will support the planning of the annual DRG Conference planned for late June 2021, update data in communication platforms such as Constant Contact, coordinate producer requests and provide overall technical support for the virtual conference in addition to other project activities.
The ideal candidate will have strong event management skills, attention to detail, a positive attitude, a demonstrated passion to support learning and organizational excellence, and/or interest in democracy, human rights, and governance.
The internship duration is for twelve (12) weeks. The position is remote, and the intern will be required to work 25-40 hours per week.
Due to COVID-19, and subject to situational changes, the position is expected to be fully remote through September 30, 2021. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Experience And Skills
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program or be a recent graduate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proofreading and copyediting experience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Event support and coordination experience
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with technology, willing to learning new technology
- Past customer service or office experience,
- Familiarity with Office 365 and the Microsoft Office suite
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass activities.
- Opportunity to work in a team environment with individuals passionate about their roles
- Hands-on experience in various ongoing projects.
- Insight into working at a professional services firm and learning about what a career in consulting might entail
- Work closely with the GROW Project Management Team to coordinate, schedule and prepare for team meetings including the 2021 virtual DRG Conference.
- Support the GROW team and the Communications team with preparations for the 2021 virtual DRG Conference.
- Work closely with GROWs Project Coordinator to coordinate producer requests for the conference sessions and other project activities.
- Support Activity Managers for all DRG requests such as updating Constant Contact lists for events and trainings, scheduling meetings with consultants and taking notes.
- Provide technical support for activities and the 2021 virtual DRG Conference, including drafting newsletter articles, as needed.
- Respond to communications from supervisor and colleagues in a timely manner.
- As time and interest permit, develop deliverables in one or more of the following categories: Technology enhanced learning (may include supporting the platform build for the DRG conference or creating internal webinar production guideline/checklist) and administration/personnel coordination (may include facilitating a weekly team meeting or Knowledge Byte team learning session, or creating a Trello Board)
How To Apply
Please submit CV, cover letter and writing sample with your application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.