Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel X:
Enel X, part of Enel Group, is a global business leading the transformation of the energy sector. We enable consumers, businesses and communities to make smarter decisions about the way energy is created, stored and managed. We are passionate, motivated thinkers who are unified by our mission to change the way the world uses energy. We thrive on solving big problems for our customers and are fueled by our innovation and determination. In the US & Canada, Enel X combines the spirit of a startup with the expertise and infrastructure of a global innovator. We’re opening up the full spectrum of energy innovation to help our customers grow through sustainable energy solutions in the following core areas: Demand Response, Demand Management, Energy Supply Management, Energy Storage and Microgrids, Energy Efficiency, Electric Vehicle Charging, Utility Bill Management, and Sustainability. Together, with our passionate people, we are accelerating the pace of change in the energy industry, towards a more efficient and sustainable world.
Enel X, a leading provider of Demand Response and Battery Storage Systems, has an immediate need for an Application Support Intern to join our world-class Global Operations team.
This is a highly visible role where you will utilize your troubleshooting and communications skills to provide technical support to internal staff for the applications we develop in-house. You will work closely with our application support analysts as well as our software engineers to investigate problems in our software and resolve them in a timely manner. You will work out of a ticketing system for managing incoming requests, and will run SQL queries, API queries review Splunk logs and other low-level techniques to determine root cause for application issues.
This is a six (6) month internship program from July 2021 through December 2021. Applicants must be willing to commit to a 40 hour work week schedule while employed.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
- Respond to user requests for support through email and our ticketing system (Salesforce), and provide clear documentation as you resolve the software user issues
- Run routine production support processes to keep the system healthy
- Communicate with users in-person, through email, instant messaging, or using teleconferencing tools, to ensure a clear understanding of the issue
- Create good documentation on the resolutions to the issues you solve
- Learn new systems and tools as they are developed and released by our Engineering teams
- Attend product launch meetings to ensure knowledge is properly transferred and documented from the Engineering to Support teams
- Recommend improvements to processes or tools.
- Provide exceptional service to our internal customers.
- Provide status updates to the Application Support and Operations teams regarding work accomplished and potential roadblocks.
Who You Are:
- Desire to learn new technologies.
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Student or recent graduate of 4-year undergraduate program in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, or another analytic field, or demonstrated extensive analytic abilities.
- Excellent computer skills, including mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.