Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Enel X energy storage solutions combine advanced multi-value stream optimization software with battery energy storage systems to maximize economic benefits for a wide range of customers, including commercial and industrial enterprises, distributed renewable energy developers, and energy storage system operators.
The Senior Product Manager for Energy Storage Markets drives the product roadmap for software and services for optimal participation of storage and other distributed energy assets in competitive wholesale energy markets and related grid services. The senior product manager will lead product strategy development and detailed product definition utilizing a deep understanding of global wholesale markets operations, especially the evolution of market rules for individual and distributed energy storage assets.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
- Strategic: Refine and communicate the Enel X wholesale markets participation product vision and strategy, including optimized and automated bidding and operation of large individual and/or distributed energy storage assets in evolving wholesale electricity markets.
- Ideation: Elicit, gather, prioritize, validate and clearly communicate competing requirements by working directly with customers, partners, engineering leads, peer PM’s, Sales and Sales Engineers, Operations and Asset Management teams, finance, Directors and Executives.
- Road mapping: Plan and prioritize what (and more importantly when) the engineering teams will deliver all related features, working on a day-to-day basis with cross-functional stakeholders as part of Agile development teams.
- Features: Define, simulate, validate and generate acceptance tests for related product features and capabilities, especially as they span multiple development team areas.
- Go-to-market: Support sales and channel partners and prospective customers with demos, training, tools, documentation and subject matter expertise to help close business.
- Operations: Support System Operations Engineers and Asset Management staff as they exercise the software in the real world and manage customer reporting. Incorporate learnings into the product roadmap.
- Domain expertise: Build, maintain, and effectively communicate deep knowledge of evolving wholesale market rules and operations, particularly as related to energy storage assets (from utility scale to C&I distributed), for standalone systems as well as VPP-aggregated assets. Scour the market and conferences for partner/interoperability, competitive analysis and industry trends and intellectual property support.
- Identifies and manages stakeholders from concept to launch. Understands how each internal stakeholder is impacted by the product and connects it to the corporate vision to facilitate buy-in and organizational support.
- Leads cross-departmental coordination with key leaders from across the company. Show superior skills in meeting facilitation. Provides clear agendas, minimum attendee lists, goals, and notes/action items (with owners) for follow-up.
- Acts as subject matter expert for webinars and customer presentations as required. Represents Enel in conferences and trade shows.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives across the Product Management team to drive higher levels of team performance.
Who You Are:
- Able to see the big picture with an innate drive to make that vision a reality and a passion to ensure exceptional customer experiences.
- A rare combination of customer empathy, passion for revenue growth, software engineering, sales process, and technical prowess.
- Understand of value drivers in recurring revenue and revenue sharing business models.
- Able to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical and methodical with a demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others.
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating without day-to-day direction.
- Thrive working in teams, in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer focused with a safety and quality mindset.
- Willing to travel up to 20% (domestic and international travel)
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology in computer science, renewables, power engineering, mechanical engineering, or related degrees or experience. An MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of combined experience in product management and/or wholesale energy markets (analysis, trading, policy), including.
- Minimum of 2+ years in software product management
- Minimum of 5+ years in global wholesales energy, capacity, and ancillary services markets, with operational experience with energy storage systems in “front of the meter” applications a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key North American markets including CAISO, ERCOT, ISO-NE, PJM, and IESO.
- Experience analyzing, modeling and projecting economic performance of energy assets.
- Knowledge of energy storage systems and applications, as standalone ‘front of the meter’ and/or as aggregated distributed or ‘behind-the-meter’ assets.
- Familiarity with advanced forecasting and optimization technologies, especially as applied to competitive markets participation.
- Global business and energy market perspective.
- Project management skills including the abilities to multitask, prioritize, set and meet deadlines, work independently, and perform tasks with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.