Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Enel’s e-City division delivers electrification and digitalization solutions to municipalities and schools in North America to help them respond to their biggest challenges ahead: urbanization and climate change. Globally, e-City supports urban stakeholders in making cities smarter and more responsive to citizens’ ever-changing needs, through products including Public Lighting, Architectural Lighting, Energy Efficiency Solutions, Digital City Services, Smart Street Furniture, and Electric Public Transportation. In North America, e-City’s primary focus is Electric Public Transportation and concentrates on delivering the e-Bus product, bolstered by Enel X’s energy and EVSE expertise. Enel X firmly supports the view that electric mobility has a key role to play in both the public and the private sphere on our journey towards making cities sustainable.
e-City North America is committed to electrifying public transportation through flexible and comprehensive turnkey solutions for both electric transit buses and electric school buses. This 360° service helps cities and transit agencies improve air quality in urban environments by reducing CO2 emissions, reduce urban noise pollution, cut operating costs compared with diesel, and provide the public with a better, more comfortable, and more extensive service.
What You’ll Do at Enel:
The Transportation Grants Specialist is responsible for providing support for Grant activities in our eCity division.
- Identify, learn and navigate federal, state, and local government and electric utilities procurement databases and other tools to identify and pursue grant opportunities and incentive programs specific to electric buses and related charging infrastructure and services
- Analyze and synthesize information on grant and incentive opportunities, including preparation of summaries for internal use and presentation to external customers and collaborators
- Maintaining up to date records in sales systems of the grants and associated opportunities, identifying most critical information for tracking and reporting
- Prepare applications for grants, coordinating inputs from internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and establish internal processes and procedures to streamline the activities around grant applications, submissions, and maintenance
- Coordinating the purchase and contract execution process associated with grant activities and electric bus procurement
- Responsible for submission and actions in procurement and business financial systems for purchase requests, purchase orders, invoice management, goods receipt, and service delivery.
- Assist in managing spending to grant guidelines, monitor and review allocations of funds and grant balances, and ensure the appropriate use of funds with the timely payment of all vendor invoices.
- Tracking eCity performance metrics for grant-funded projects
- Ad-hoc activities to support sales efforts and project execution
Who You Are:
- Strong Preference for Prior Industry Experience:
- Renewable Energy, Transportation or Electric Vehicles/Buses
- Planning, program development, project management of public transportation projects
- Prior experience in public purchasing processes and budget management
- Ability to proactively set priorities and multi-task without compromising attention to detail
- Excellent time management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently in a resourceful and innovative manner
- Understanding of multi-step processes and how to work within them in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills including working with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency with SAP
What You’ve Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of educational and work experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal government or utilities grant processes and systems
- Prior experience in public purchasing processes and budget management
What Enel Offers You:
• A rapidly growing yet well-established business, • Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., • Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., • One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., • Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., • Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities.