At Energy Solutions we focus on achieving large-scale beneficial environmental impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 26 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
We are currently seeking 2 full-time Co-ops to help support our East Coast programs. As a member of Energy Solutions’ East Coast Team you will come away from the experience with a greater understanding of supply chain dynamics, technology basics of water heating, lighting, water heating, and HVAC, and an appreciation for the challenges and opportunities presented by various market interventions and program designs. This is a paid internship with an expectation of at least 40 hours/week over approximately 6 months (can be flexible based on your schedule).
Energy Solutions’ turnkey products accelerate energy efficiency; enable distributed energy resources; promote market development for beneficial products; and provide technical and policy support to set smart energy standards at the local, state, and national levels. Because of our focus on the market, our innovative products scale quickly and often deliver the majority of our clients’ energy savings.
How do we do it? We look at the market end-to-end to target the best new technologies, work with key partners in the supply chain for seamless adoption, and then help governments and our market partners set rules that require people to use these beneficial technologies.
Why do we do it? Simply put, our market-based products deliver environmental and resource solutions that are better for business and better for society.
Responsibilities and task areas include but are not limited to:
- Aid several areas of program execution for the Northeast during their tenure. One relatively stand-alone project will be assisting with assessment of our programs’ reach across a variety of socioeconomic segments of the states in which they are offered. This will continue and expand upon preliminary work already conducted and the outcomes will feed into how we adapt the programs and communicate to current and potential clients.
- Day-to-day work will also include application processing, user acceptance testing for Software launches, and other assorted responsibilities on an as-needed basis.
- Working towards a degree in an energy-related discipline with environmental, economics, or engineering preferred;
- Strong interest in market-based solutions to accelerate the adoption of energy efficient technologies into the market
- Interest in researching complex technical scientific topics to support policy decisions.
- knowledge of or interest in social equity and expanded access to program benefits
- Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed technical and quantitative analysis
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Excel, and ideally some familiarity with Tableau.
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Strong ability to multitask
Upload your resume, cover letter and a writing sample. In your cover letter include your available start date and why you are interested in this opportunity.
Application review and scheduling of initial phone interviews will begin March 1st, 2021.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check; drug screens are required and authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE