Sales Operations Manager
Sustainability Solutions – Americas
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us?
With 18 offices worldwide and headquarters in New York City, ENGIE Impact today has a portfolio of 1,000 clients, including 25% of the Fortune 500 Companies, across more than 1,000,000 sites. Uniting ENGIE Insight, Ecova UK, Red Engineering and the Advisory and Advanced Analytics division of Tractebel under a common umbrella, ENGIE Impact was created to engage with executives and organizational leaders to set tailored strategies and specific roadmaps to achieve their sustainability and zero-carbon objectives, across energy, water, waste and more, globally.
Ready to act Right Now, for Tomorrow?
ENGIE Impact is seeking a Sales Operations Manager to support proposal development and provide sales enablement support for the Sustainability Solutions Americas team. This is a high-impact role that works in close collaboration with multiple functions, including Business Development, Marketing, Finance, IT, Legal, and Human Resources, to drive profitable sales growth and pipeline rigor through efficient processes and robust analytics.
The Sales Operations Manager has hands-on ownership and leadership of critical areas that support our consulting team, including proposal development, revenue forecasting, pipeline management, process optimization, and KPI development and monitoring. The ideal candidate has proven experience in managing business process improvement and can help to effectively scale a fast-growing global organization. Candidates who are results-oriented with a strategic mindset and entrepreneurial passion are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented critical thinker who continually seeks to improve operational systems, processes, and policies. They are hyper-organized, comfortable working on a variety of workstreams, and can communicate their insights with precision. They’ll be supporting a diverse team who has high standards – gaining alignment will be critical.
What makes us different from other consulting firms?
- We’re agile, but incubated within a company that has $60B in annual revenue, so we have the capital and experience of a large multinational corporation
- From our executive team to our interns, we are passionate about and 100% committed to sustainability
- We help our clients realize their sustainability ambitions by minimizing risk and facilitating the transition to zero-carbon with our end-to-end capabilities
- We are lean and nimble, but operate at the scale required to address climate change
- Serve as the central point of contact for sales proposals, including RFPs, RFIs, and RFQs, and work with a variety of stakeholders to ensure submitted proposals are compliant and aligned with Group standards.
- Manage and continuously improve pipeline management and sales forecasting process; work with industry and solution teams to ensure pipeline data and opportunity tasks are submitted to Salesforce in a timely manner.
- Identify, assess, and deliver data analyses and KPI metrics via visualization to provide business insights and identify opportunities to improve sales performance by industry sectors and solution offerings.
- Effectively and regularly communicate project status, activities, schedules, and deliverables to team.
- Coordinate required proposal meetings, including pricing, go/no-go decisions, proposal kickoff, ongoing review sessions, and budget approval.
- Support pipeline management meetings by providing metrics on industry sector and solution offering performance and areas for team focus.
- Serve as administrator for client NPS program and memorialize win-loss debriefs.
- Manage business development section of knowledge management system, including proposal hub and repository of project snapshots.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- BA/BS from a top-tier school and an outstanding record of achievement
- At least five years of sales enablement or sales operations experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Knowledge of the sustainability and renewable energy industries; familiarity with ENGIE Impact service offerings is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to create high-quality client proposals and technical documents
- Strong financial acumen, including financial planning and sales forecasting experience
- Proven talent for managing multiple projects and workstreams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including expertise in Excel and PowerBI
- Advanced experience with Salesforce
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience building collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders as well as motivating teams to achieve desired results
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.