At Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBAD), we believe that our strengths are built on our most important resource – our people. Join EBAD and you’ll be a part of a team who creates cutting edge technology that will blast us into the future. No other company can match the innovative energetic solutions that we provide. At EBAD you will actively contribute to successful missions putting men, women and satellites into space, and protecting our armed service men and women around the world. If this is the culture and work environment you are seeking, then EBAD is the place for you!
The Product Engineer (PE) is the technical lead on internal and external projects and is responsible for all technical and schedule aspects of the project/product throughout the production life cycle. Primary duties include:
- Creation of product structures and routers needed to manufacture hardware
- Creation of DWP (department work instructions) for best practice
- Development and documentation of processes
- Training of team members to DWP, PS, and SOP as needed
- Implementing SPC, inline inspection strategy for manufacturing hardware
- Creation of inventory make part in IFS as needed
- Processing drawing updates through change order process
- Identifying & procuring manufacturing tooling as needed
- Identify and implement new technology to the manufacturing process
- Creation of manufacturing instructions as needed
- Participate in the creation of work cell for lean product flow
- Maintenance of the technical data package, build package (including manufacturing instructions, routings and tooling) as well as product testing requirements and methods.
- Provide continuity during the transition from the proposal phase to the production phase by acting as the main technical liaison between the customer and EBAD
- Collaborate with department team on counter measures to reduce nonconformance
- Implementation of Lean methodologies including standard work, point of use tooling, material presentation and process improvements
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering and a minimum 2 years of project, manufacturing or related engineering. Additionally, it is desired that the candidate have experience in the following area:
- Writing, project cost estimating, and project experience includes mechanical design, problem solving/root cause analysis, leadership of technical teams, technical management.
- Experience with government specifications and industry standards related to aerospace components’ and systems’ design, manufacture, and test
- Design for Manufacturing methods and techniques
- Manufacturing tool design using CAD system
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead programs/ projects
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Established project management skills with the ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing practices and in depth understanding ERP/MRP plan systems
- Strong skills in MS Windows – Excel, Word and Power-point. Familiar with and able to work in MS Project
Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/ Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.