Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Archaeology Project Manager to join our Cultural Resources group. This role would be a full-time position based in our Syracuse, Rochester, or Albany NY offices. The successful candidate must have strong leadership skills, work well with other disciplines in a team environment, and be able to negotiate multiple concurrent projects. Must meet the minimum qualifications specified in Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology and Historic Preservation (36 CFR Part 61), including a minimum MA/MS degree in anthropology, history, or related field, have at least 5 years of experience managing and directing cultural resources investigations in New York, the northeast, and/or mid-Atlantic states. as well as the following core skills/competencies:
- strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare cultural resources reports;
- familiarity with both pre-contact (Native American) and historic-period archaeological sites and artifacts; and,
- demonstrated understanding of federal and state regulatory processes (e.g., NEPA, Section 106, Section 14.09, SEQRA).
Expectations for a Project Manager include:
- strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership in a team setting;
- preparation of proposals and business development experience;
- preparing and managing budgets;
- serving as the primary point of contact with clients; and the ability to solve unexpected problems.