Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive and addictive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
We are on the look out for a Gameplay Programmer Intern to implement and maintain gameplay systems in Rocket League and future projects.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Designing and creating technical specifications for major gameplay features and systems
- Working closely with fellow programmers, artists, and designers to create and iterate on game features
- Using strong critical thinking to problem solve and debug programs
- Contribute unique, personal ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Optimize and maintain existing game systems
- Strong skills in C++ and experience with scripting languages
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience working with any of the current generation of consoles
- Must be a strong collaborator willing to accept and respond to critical feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Passionate about personal development and takes advantage of opportunities to continuously improve
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run through until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students