The Epic Games XR Team is looking for a smart, creative XR Engineering Intern to join them for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The XR team at Epic is responsible for the underlying technology that drives Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) experiences in the Unreal Engine. Joining this team means you are excited about the future of AR and VR for both entertainment and enterprise applications, and have a deep desire to help shape the future of AR and VR platforms for developers using the Unreal Engine. This role requires someone with an epic imagination, strong math and low-level programming skills, and the desire to help forge the tools that will be used to create the immersive worlds of the future.
- Defining and driving a core VR or AR feature, from concept to code complete.
- Tracking down and fixing performance or functionality issues in the VR or AR systems in the Unreal Engine.
- Interacting professionally with industry partners, either engine licensees or VR/AR system manufacturers.
- Assisting the XR team with an engine release.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Excellent math skills, in particular 3D math (matrix, quaternion).
- Self directed, willing to learn and join a fast-paced elite team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for the worlds of Virtual and Augmented reality.
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!