The Audio/Visual Fellow plays a critical role in content creation for Equanimity Foundation. They will be responsible for supporting Equanimity Foundation (EQF) in tasks related to audio and video media. The Audio/Visual Fellow will be responsible for editing and producing audio and video content, and developing strategy to help EQF expand their online reach through audio and video media. The Audio/Visual Fellow will also assist in maintaining the social media content calendar.
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the Global Voices podcast from pre-production to distribution
- Create impactful video content for Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- Collaborate with the Strategic Communications team and other internal departments on video production, and communications strategy
- Proactively identify inefficiencies and challenges and work collaboratively to implement solutions
- Ensuring that EQF style guidelines are adhered to in video and audio editing
- Contribute creative ideas which could help EQF expand reach through audio and video media
- Comfortable with audio editing software such as Audacity and similar programs
- Comfortable with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro and similar programs
- Some experience as a production artist, A/V editor, graphic designer, or similar role
- Podcast editing experience preferred but not required
- Majoring or a recent graduate in Design, Visual Communication, Film, or other relevant field
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in another language is highly desirable but not required
- Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing
- Accurately prepares written materials that are coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional
- Listens to others and accepts constructive feedback from team members
Leadership & Teamwork
- Appreciation of and dedication to the EQF mission and values
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Displays a positive attitude
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high performance standards and accomplishes established goals
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members
- Maintains a cheerful disposition
- Shows initiative in interacting and collaborating with team members on projects and the organization’s activities
Submit your application via the external application link. To apply, send either your portfolio or 2-3 samples of previous work, and resume to apply. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note that is an unpaid fellowship. However, Equanimity Foundation can work with universities to make this fellowship eligible to earn course credit. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position. This position will begin on June 7, 2021 and last until August 20, 2021.
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and must be submitted by April 15, 2021 at 11:59pm ET. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you!