Primary Location : UNITED STATES
At Equitable, our power is in our people.
We’re individuals from different cultures and backgrounds. Those differences make us stronger as a team and a force for good in our communities.
Here, you’ll work with dynamic individuals, build your skills, and unleash new ways of working and thinking.
Are you ready to join an organization that will help unlock your potential?
Design Thinking Facilitator/Analyst – Design Thinking is pivotal in helping define and solve complex business problems as part of the New Ways of Working (NWOW) at Equitable. The design and facilitation of collaborative ideation is at the heart of this role and offers a diverse and challenging blend of logical problem solving, innovative thinking and astuteness to “connect the dots” while fostering an environment of engagement, openness and creativity. You will consult with project stakeholders to design curriculums and deliver workshops grounded in the core methodologies of Design Thinking. This involves engaging with often unfamiliar groups who are operating under high pressure. As an Design Thinking Facilitator/Analyst, you will empower teams to rapidly understand challenges, identify potential solutions and guide them toward an appropriate set of action-oriented outcomes. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping ground the organization in Design Thinking as a core New Way of Working.
The successful candidate will:
• Plan Design Thinking workshops with creative and collaborative problem solving as the priority objective; hold pre-workshop discovery sessions with stakeholders to outline the primary goals
• Prepare participant materials and room set up (in-person or virtual) for Design Thinking sessions
• Energetically lead workshops, ensuring participants remain engaged and the desirable outcome achieved
• Prepare and socialize Design Thinking reports/artifacts derived from the workshops. Play back activities and key results with stakeholders while providing guidance on potential next steps
• Consult with applicable Squads/Tribes on their innovation projects, programs and initiatives
• Assist with creating training/education materials for Design Thinking implementation at Equitable
• Help champion Design Thinking throughout the organization as a key pillar of the IDO; actively promote all NWOW practices including Agile, OKRs, Adaptive Leadership and Dynamic Enablers
• Demonstrate customer-centricity; persistently advocate for the customer
• Support a culture of iterative thinking, continuous learning and innovation
• College Degree Required
• Ability to communicate with and lead a group of individuals through the process of Design Thinking and collaborative ideation
• Relevant experience with public speaking, facilitation and workshop development and delivery
• Understand Design Thinking methodology and practical application
• Demonstrated experience facilitating Design Thinking sessions with at least 10 participants using collaborative tools
• Ability to structure workshop formats and agendas
• Empathetically observe and communicate to stakeholders and participants with all levels of knowledge and backgrounds; ability to steer the group around obstacles
• Exhibit a strong ability to influence in a matrixed environment
• Understand Agile methodology and nomenclature
• Embrace uncertainty and ambiguity; be self-motivated and dedicated to continuous improvement
• Strong reasoning, analytical and research skills
• Ability to build trusting relationships across the organization
• Expert PowerPoint skills required
• Professional facilitation or Design Thinking certification is a plus
We have been providing stability and reliability to our clients since 1859 to help them live their lives with confidence, to give them peace of mind, and enable them to realize their dreams for their loved ones and their legacy.
As an employer, Equitable is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels completely comfortable bringing their true selves to work every day. Equitable has been recognized and certified as a great place to work by the Great Place to Work Institute.
We provide our employees opportunities to move within our organization so they can grow their career and skills without ever having to leave Equitable. Almost 40% of our open jobs are filled with current employees.
In addition to competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package including 401(k) and medical programs, we offer the opportunity for continued professional development in a congenial corporate environment.
Equitable is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to our employees, applicants and candidates based on individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by federal, state and local laws.