The Equitable Marketing Insights team provides actionable information-driven solutions that continuously enhance client relationships for headquarters (HQ) and advisors. The dynamic and highly collaborative team is hiring an Insights Manager to help execute and manage key market research projects that support the organization’s strategic priorities and business decisions.
This Insights role will participate in key strategic research initiatives that help increase marketing efficiency, CRM insight and capabilities, inform innovative product designs and digital engagement. The end goal is positive business results through collaborative partnerships with business areas such as product development, marketing, sales, digital, service, strategy, etc.
The ideal candidate has experience working with market research datasets, customer/distributor databases, and a strong understanding of survey design and analysis. The candidate would need to be proficient in SQL and survey programing (e.g., Qualtrics), and have advanced Excel skills for sophisticated data manipulation and management.
This individual would perform the following under the supervision of the team’s leadership: manipulate and analyze data, design sample and surveys, deliver strategic insights, identify business opportunities, recommend possible solutions to business challenges, and prepare reports and presentations.
• Designs and develops market research surveys in support of internal clients’ strategic priorities and business decisions.
• Programs surveys for department run projects using in-house survey development tool. Helps manage outside vendors as needed.
• Assists with research initiatives including both qualitative & quantitative from both primary and secondary sources.
• Manages specific research projects under the supervision of team leadership. Works alongside team members, consultants and manager on more complex projects, with guidance where needed. Coordinates with business partners for the project duration. Activities include:
• Help determine research needs for project or work stream
• Gather data and help identify most appropriate quantitative and qualitative toolset
• Fielding and analysis for assigned research projects
• Generate actionable insights and recommendations
• BA/BS undergraduate degree is required. Advanced degree preferred.
• The ideal individual holds a post-graduate degree in a relevant area of study (e.g. marketing, market research, finance).
• 2+ years of relevant market research experience, preferably from a financial services industry with a discipline in marketing.
• Outstanding analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, which often requires the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
• Self-starter with strong problem solving skills. Pro-active, anticipating needs and staying out ahead of them.
• Uses data driven insights, logic, and common sense to further stakeholders’ knowledge, insight, and action through marketing research results
• Operates effectively using a range of research methodologies.
• Proficiency of SQL
• Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of survey programming, particularly Qualtrics, is a plus
• Extremely resourceful and tenacious gathering information from across the organization
• Working knowledge of insurance business and industry dynamics preferred.