Eric Forman Studio is seeking interns to work with us in our amazing Brooklyn Navy Yard studio at Newlab. We have advanced Covid protocol in place for safety – in some cases, remote work is also possible.
Projects you will be working on include
- traditional fabrication
- digital fabrication
- physical computing
- interaction design
- There is a different position for studio management, photography, and PR viewable here – https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/3131625/.
This is an unpaid position, but in exchange you are provided with
- New Lab membership
- Access to private events, panels, summits, and hackathons
- Job networking with other New Lab companies
- Desk space in our studio
- Tool training
- Transportation stipend (Metrocard) or Citibike discount
- 24 hour access to workshop and studio resources
- metal fabrication
- laser cutter
- electronics and soldering
- 3D printing
- large-format vinyl printing/cutting
For current students, school credit is possible with the appropriate commitment.
Time commitment is flexible and ranges from 10-25 hours per week, depending on workload and your availability; this is designed to give the intern a fair opportunity to work on their own projects or earn money at other jobs.
We are looking for interns who are technically minded, organized, creative, and thorough. You should have familiarity with at least one of the following: physical computing, architecture, industrial design, electrical engineering, computer science, or furniture design.
Prior professional experience is not required, but you should at least be familiar enough with these technologies to assist on projects and learn more independently.