ERPi is currently seeking a full-time Technical Solutions Architect to provide on-site support at our Fairfax, Virginia and Washington, DC sites. This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
The mission of the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Supply Chain & Logistics, Office of Procurement & Logistics is to provide a data driven, resource optimized, cost effective, and clinically focused supply chain that ensures the delivery of the highest quality of care at the greatest value to the Veteran and the Veteran’s Family. This office provides support to all VHA healthcare facilities.
ERPi will support the design and control of database, automated / electronic records, and supply chain informatics within the current and future healthcare supply chain information systems. We also will support the creation of System Security Plans, Authorization to Operate (ATO), and Performance Work Statements (PWS) in responses to Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms).
The perfect candidate will have be a ‘big picture’ thinker who can identify and design the most appropriate technology solution that meets the business needs of our clients and a ‘hands-on’ doer who can provide hands-on technical implementation and troubleshooting. You are pragmatic, understanding the limitations and risks of technology solutions, but you are also creative and have a can-do attitude to solving problems. You are curious, always learning and open to the latest technologies and not stuck on a single technology ecosystem or methodology.
Responsibilities may include:
o Advise potential clients and support technical presentations and demonstrations
o Estimate Level-of-Effort and feasibility of pursuing new opportunities
o Advise on technical compliance requirements (e.g., NIST, cybersecurity, FEDRAMP)
o Be knowledgeable on latest technology and industry trends—help identify vendor partnerships and certifications to grow our business
o Engage directly with clients (including technical and non-technical staff) to design and implement a full-stack solution, integration, or technology services
o Advise existing clients on creative technical solutions to their business problems—help translate functional requirements into technical requirements
o Assess technical risks and create mitigation strategies
o Help stand up technical delivery teams—work with Project Managers to vet candidates, provide common training standards, develop SOPs to build up a scalable, repeatable digital solutions capability
Required Skills and Experience:
• MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, MIS, Data Science, or IT or related field
• 10+ years of experience with system/data integration, software development and implementation of enterprise and/or cloud software
• Deep understanding of enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration—a true ‘systems’ thinker/engineer
• Hands-on, wide-ranging experience in software development in multiple languages, platforms, methodologies
• Hands-on implementation and/or systems integration of SaaS or analytics solutions in large enterprise environments (on-prem or cloud hosted via AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Experience with ‘big data’: data architecture, Master Data Management, data lakes, relational databases, ETL, MySQL queries, HDFS, etc. (any vendor)
• Working knowledge of Agile SLDC methodology
• Working knowledge of open source software (e.g., Python)
• Experienced scoping solutions in support of capture and implementation for commercial, federal projects
• Strong analytical ability, judgement, and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and verbal communicator—able to speak with technical credibility to technical staff, while also being able to explain complex issues in a succinct, understandable manner to non-technical staff
Desired Skills and Experience
• MS or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, MIS, Data Science, or IT
• Experience in hands-on technical consulting and technology implementation with a leading systems integrator, major technology platform vendor, or large technology consulting firm or experience as a senior technology manager in a large federal or commercial enterprise
• Specialization in an industry vertical such as healthcare IT, financial services/banking, or supply chain/logistics or their federal equivalents
Clearance: Public Trust