As the largest privately held multispecialty medical group in the Bronx, we provide high-quality, compassionate, and accessible medical care to some of the most vulnerable and under-served residents of New York State. Guided by a Population Health model of care, Essen has five integrated clinical divisions offering urgent care, primary care, and specialty services, as well as nursing home staffing and care management. Founded in 1999, our over 20-year commitment has fueled an unwavering dedication toward innovating a better healthcare delivery system. Essen has expanded from a single primary care office to an umbrella organization offering specialties from women’s health to endocrinology, from psychiatry to a vast array of other specialties. All clinical services are offered via telehealth or in-person at over 35 medical offices and at home through the Essen House Calls program.
Essen Health Care is the place Where Care Comes Together! We are looking for the most talented and effective individuals to join our rapidly growing company. With over 1,100 employees and 400+ Practitioners, we care for over 250,000 patients annually in New York City and beyond. From medical providers to administration & operational staff, there is a career here for you. Join our team today!
The Operations Intern will support our teams in the practice and patient care settings from an operational standpoint. The Operations Intern will work on healthcare projects, be a strategic partner to deliver desired outcomes to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support by applying principles of data analytics to help identify trends in claims data, business processes, and coding guidelines to support improvement opportunities
- Assist in improving process capabilities and leveraging statistical tools to analyze and present data in support of process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on project goals, objectives, and timelines to assure timely and effective project implementation and support.
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Current student pursuing a Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health or Business Administration
- Good academic standing and over a 3.0 cumulative G.P.A.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Ability to commit to a 10-week summer internship
- Detail oriented and organized
- Time management skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Able to prioritize and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word are a must)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to respond effectively and professionally to confidential inquiries
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills, and the ability to analyze information and processes
- Motivation to develop and maintain internal and external relationships
- Able to work well with executives and teams on-site and remotely
- Highly resourceful, self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership
Equal Opportunity Employer
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.