Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Operations Associate to join our consumer product team, and help support growth of our suite of products. In your day-to-day, you’ll collaborate with a talented team of Product Managers, Engineers, & Designers, taking on a wide range of mission-critical initiatives, helping us make rapid progress on the experiences we offer and the underlying systems that make those experiences possible. The ideal candidate will work cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization to own the process of collecting, triaging, and sizing software and automated communication issues to help shrink the feedback loop from discovery to resolution.
This role requires a candidate who is excited about hands-on triaging and investigating technical issues for users (end consumers and internal stakeholders). The ideal candidate is passionate about building processes, establishing documentation, and up leveling the product development process. We’re looking for someone who puts consumers first with a meticulous attention to detail!
Key initiatives include:
- Designing and implementing key processes that help us scale our products
- Creating and maintaining documentation to make processes sustainable and scalable
- Facilitating internal and external communications around feature launches, training materials, and onboarding plans
- Ensuring that bugs are being escalated and triaged appropriately
- Monitoring alerts and investigating potential product performance issues
- Establishing high quality processes and infrastructure for cross functional stakeholders to share issues with the consumer product team
- Codifying documentation of internal best practices, tooling, and process improvements
- Ensuring a thorough QA program for all product and feature releases
To thrive in this role, you have:
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- Strong analytical skills (experience with SQL preferred)
- An owner’s mindset – you don’t shy away from the hard stuff
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant product operations experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfort with quality assurance
- A passion for fixing problems, honing processes, and driving projects forward – whatever is needed for us to achieve our ambitious goals
- Knowledge of the interconnectivity between technology and the customer experience
- Ability to compile a well-articulated dashboard and share performance metrics
- Excellent project management skills, ability to multitask effectively, and work cross-functionally